Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ask Erik: Episode Fifty-Five

You ask, me answer.  Pretty simple, no?

To Erik: Who do you see as the best political candidate for each party for President?

...aw, man.


Okay.  I've spent the last couple days researching this, and after studying early, early, EARLY poll data, seeing which candidates are saying what about how the party moods are swinging, and listening to a lot of NPR, I've concluded two things.

One, it's way too early to predict such a thing.  I figure we'll have a lot of noise about Joe Biden running, because vice presidents who aren't way too old *cough*Cheney*cough* tend to run for primary office.  There's also probably going to be a lot of noise about Hillary running.  Beyond that, I have no clue.  As for the republicans, up until "Bridgegate" I figured Christie would be a favorite to be in the primary, but now I just have no idea whatsoever there.

Two, I really need to screen these questions better.  While I'm not opposed to discussing politics in a blog post (after all, if I'm going to rant, I may as well post it online for the world to view at its leisure), speaking on behalf of two major political parties without simply parroting what they've already said is going to be really tricky.  I might have to take a couple of weeks to answer any other questions involving politics.

Which isn't to say you shouldn't still send questions in!  To blatantly steal from "Ask That Guy," remember, there's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it.

...so, uh, yeah, that leaves a lot of open space that needs filling.

...has anybody else noticed that the music group Broken Bells sounds like someone cross-bred the BeeGees and the Beatles?

Just saying.

No comments: